February 8, Wisconsin Hospital Association
As you know, physicians are often assigned a role with a hospital or health system’s quality department or committee or asked to lead a quality improvement project.
The Wisconsin Hospital Association (WHA) has developed an important resource for physicians and advance practice providers who have an assigned role related to quality measurement and improvement within a WHA member hospital or health system. The WHA Physician Quality Academy will provide physicians the opportunity to increase their knowledge of quality improvement tools and principles; therefore, increasing the likelihood that a physician will be more successful in and comfortable with this leadership role.
The Academy offers two non-consecutive days of in-person training and access to supporting resources both between and after the live sessions.
- May 10 and July 21, 2017 at the Glacier Canyon Lodge at The Wilderness Resort, Wisconsin Dells; or
- September 29 and November 3, 2017 at the Glacier Canyon Lodge at The Wilderness Resort, Wisconsin Dells.
As part of the Academy, participants will learn to:
- design and conduct quality improvement projects utilizing proven improvement models;
- interpret data correctly;
- facilitate physician colleague engagement in quality improvement and measurement ;and,
- discuss quality requirements, medical staff functions and their link to quality improvement.
The Academy is offered twice in 2017 (dates below), allowing physicians associated with a WHA member hospital/health system to choose the cohort that works best for his/her schedule. Attendance will be limited to the first 100 registrants per cohort, so if interested, register today at http://www.cvent.com/d/wvq5nm.